Follow these steps to set the X-Station up to work with Reason (version 3 or later):
1. Connect the X-Station to your computer, turn it on and launch Reason.
2. In Reason go to the 'Control Surfaces & Keyboards' page of Preferences.
3. Click 'Add' to add a controller.
4. In the next window select:
MIDI Input: X-Station
MIDI Output: X-Station
then click 'OK'.
5. A warning will appear in Reason telling you that a template is about to be uploaded to the X-Station. Before clicking OK, make sure that memory protect is turned off. To do this press the 'global' button to enter the global menu scroll to the 'Memory Protect' page. Use the 'data/value' encoder to set this to 'Off' then press 'write' to save the setting and then use the 'play/synth' to switch the X-Station into controller mode (make sure it is not in synth mode).
6. Click OK in Reason and after a couple of seconds the X-Station will receive the template. To save this template to the X-Station press the 'write' button once, then use the 'data/value' encoder to select the memory location to which you want to save it. Once selected, press 'write' 3 more times to complete the save.
7. After this you can exit preferences and start using Reason. The Reason template MUST be selected to control Reason. The X-Station will then control whichever device has its keyboard (MIDI In) icon selected in the Reason sequencer.