There is no hardware factory reset function on the unit itself since the factory OS, templates, patches and global settings are not stored on a memory chip inside the unit. There are two stages to resetting the unit; reloading the factory templates and reloading the factory patches. Both of these can be done with the Xio Template Editor which is free to download from the Xio downloads page. Follow these steps to reset the Xio:
RELOADING THE FACTORY TEMPLATES
1. Download the 'Xio Templates and Resources' from the Xio downloads page.
2. Connect the Xio to your computer and turn it on, then open the Editor. If the welcome dialog appears select 'Send bulk dumps to and from your Xio'. After this you may be prompted to select a MIDI input and output device. Select 'Xio' for both and then click 'OK'. If the welcome dialog does not appear then select 'Select MIDI input/output device...' from the 'Device' menu, choose 'Xio' in both menus and then click 'OK'. Next select 'Bulk Dumps...' from the 'Device' menu.
3. In the Bulk Dumps window click 'Open...' and locate the file 'XIOSYNTH_ALL_FACTORY_TEMPLATES.blk' in the folder downloaded in step 1.
4. Press the 'global' button on the Xio to enter the global menu and scroll to the 'Memory Protect' page. Set this to OFF then press 'write' to save the setting and 'play/synth' to return to play mode. Make sure the Xio is in template mode using the 'play/synth' button.
5. Click 'Upload' in the Bulk Dumps window to send the templates to the Xio. Once the patches have finished uploading click 'OK' to exit the Bulk Dumps window.
RELOADING THE FACTORY PATCHES
6. Download the 'Xio Factory Sounds' from the Xio sound bank page.
7. Select 'Patch Librarian' from the 'Device' menu in the Editor.
8. In the Patch Librarian Window click 'Open...' and select the 'Sound Bank1 XIO_1003.syx' file in the folder downloaded in step 6.
9. Make sure the Xio is in synth mode using the 'play/synth' button and select a sound in bank 1.
10. Click 'Upload' in the Patch Librarian window to send the patches to the Xio.
11. Once the patches have uploaded click 'Open...' in the PAtch Librarian window and select the 'Sound Bank2 XIO_1003.syx' file in the folder downloaded in step 6, then select a sound in bank 2 on the Xio.
12. Click 'Upload' in the Patch Librarian window to send the second bank of patches to the Xio, then click 'OK' to exit the Patch Librarian window.